High-quality, Alternative Carbon Source
BugFuel 5000™ is a proprietary, alternative carbon source that fuels the growth of specific bacteria essential for critical wastewater applications, including denitrification and biological oxygen demand (BOD) supplementation.
Many alternative carbon sources have inconsistent COD/BOD values, which can invalidate dosing rates and performance expectations. These materials may contain impurities which can cause significant problems with plant pumps and hoses. BugFuel 5000™ is formulated with strict input and output controls throughout the entire production process.
BugFuel 5000™ Advantages:
Quality and Consistency
- Produced in our US-based ISO 9001-compliant production facility.
- Optimal consistency for chemical oxygen demand (COD), flash point, and viscosity.
- Stable—no degradation of COD due to bacteria while product is stored.
- Clean filtered—eliminates risks of contamination build-up in feed pumps and supply lines.
- Validated quality—Reliable certificates of analysis for every batch.
- Higher carbon content than many competing products.
- Fast acclimation period for denitrifying bacteria.
- No bacterial seeding required.
- Performs well in cold and warm temperatures.
- No capital expenditure is required to transition your plant.
- Delivered in bulk, drum or tote quantities.
Health and Safety
- Non-toxic with no hazardous or flammable ingredients.
- Environmentally sustainable, produced from abundant, renewable resources.